Congrats to the 2014 Award Winners!
The 2014 Winners
Organizers of the 2014 Heart of Wood Buffalo Leadership Awards are very pleased to announce the 2014 Award Winners!
The Awards were held on April 23rd at the Suncor Energy Centre for the Performing Arts at Holy Trinity High School , hosted by emcee Marty Giles and with keynote speaker, Liz Weaver.
In addition to receiving a beautiful, hand crafted award sculpture, the Award Winners each received a $5,000 cash prize that they donated to the Wood Buffalo nonprofit community organization of their choice.
Social Prosperity Leadership Award, presented by Suncor Energy Foundation and sponsored by Social Prosperity Wood Buffalo
· Tervita Corporation
· Organization selected to receive the $5,000 is the Wood Buffalo Food Bank Association
Volunteer Recognition Award in honour of Bill Bloomfield, presented and sponsored by Shell
· Rolando Inzunza
· Organization selected to receive the $5,000 is YMCA Immigrant Settlement Services
Board Leadership Award, presented by FuseSocial and sponsored by ATB Financial
· Ed Kamps, Multicultural Association
· Organization selected to receive the $5,000 is Multicultural Association
Executive Leadership Award, presented by FuseSocial and sponsored by Syncrude Canada Ltd.
· Lynn Rhoddy, Stepping Stones Youth Homes
· Two Organizations selected were the Wood Buffalo Food Bank Association and the Francophone Association of Wood Buffalo, $2,500 each
Community Impact Award, presented by the United Way of Fort McMurray and sponsored by TOTAL E&P Canada
· Santa’s Anonymous
· Organization Selected to receive the $5,000 award was Santas Anonymous
Newcomer Engagement Award in memory of Lyle Leboldus, presented by the Wood Buffalo Food Bank Association and sponsored by Hedco Group Inc.
· Kevin Garbuio
Organization selected to receive the $5,000 award was the Fort McMurray Football Association